An IQ score of 110 is generally considered to be a good score. To put it in actual terms, an IQ of 110 is termed a high average intelligence score.
To further explain, the national average IQ score is said to be between 85 – 115. Even though a score of 110 isn’t the highest on the IQ scale, it does fall on the higher end of the national average.
In this article, I will take about a 110 IQ, its percentile and the potential career path for one with such an IQ score.
110 IQ Meaning and Percentile
Having an IQ score of 110 means that you possess a higher critical thing ability than others in your category. As earlier mention, a 110 IQ is on the higher end of the national average category.
It places you in the 75th percentile, which means that only 25% of the world’s population has skills that are superior to yours. Basically, the traits an individual with an IQ of 110 possess are;
- Average reasoning skills
- Decision-making skills
- Keen ability to spot details
- Good logical reasoning skills
- Interested in learning and broadening your knowledge of the world
- Capable of theoretical learning and conceptualizing various topics
- Capable of superior thinking
What job suits one with an IQ score of 110?
Although an IQ of 110 is not termed as a genius IQ, you are still pretty intelligent. Below are some of the best jobs for one with this IQ level.
1. Computer programmer
A computer programmer is one who writes, tests, debugs, and maintains code and scripts. These codes and scripts allow computer software and application to function properly.
Other duties of a computer programmer include;
- Writing programs in a variety of languages, such as; Java, C, C++, or Python
- Test newly developed software or programs to ensure they function properly
- Modifying or correcting any mistake found in various software or application
According to the Bureau for Labor Statistics, the search for computer programmers is said to decline by 9% in the next 10 years. Despite this decline, it is still projected that about 9,600 openings will be available yearly.
To become a computer programmer, you will need a bachelor’s degree in computer science or any other related field.
A sociologist is one who is disciplined with several distinguishing characteristics. He or she is a professional who studies society and social behavior.
Other duties of a sociologist include;
- Designing research projects or experiments to test theories about social issues
- Gather data through various means, such as surveys, observations, or interviews
- Analyze and draw conclusions from the data gathered
- Prepare detailed reports, articles, or presentations about their findings
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, job opportunities for a sociologist are said to increase by 5% in the next 10 years. They also stated that sociologists earn around $92,910 per year.
For you to become a sociologist, you will need a master’s degree. A sociologist with only a bachelor’s degree may find jobs in related fields such as social services, education, or public policy.
An accountant is a professional whose main duty is to prepare and examine financial records. They identify areas of potential risks and provide the best possible solutions to clients.
Other duties of an accountant include;
- Examining financial records to verify they are accurate and comply with the law
- Work with taxes; computing taxes owed and ensuring they are paid
- Organize, maintain, and analyze financial record
- Suggest ways to reduce expenditures and make profits
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the demand for accountants is said to increase by 6% in the next 10 years. Accountants earn around $77,250 per year.
To become an accountant, you will need a degree in accounting or any other related field. Additionally, you will need to get relevant certification in a specific accounting field.
4. High school teacher
A high school teacher is one who is in charge of high school students. He or she teaches the students academic lessons and various skills that they will need as they progress academically.
Other duties of a high school teacher include;
- Accessing student’s abilities, strengths, and weaknesses
- Communicating with parents and giving them update on their kid’s performance
- Grading high school student’s tests and exams
- Supervise students during lunchtime or extracurricular activities
- Preparing students for standardized tests (SAT or ACT) organized by the state
- Ensuring that rules and regulations are heeded by the students
According to the Bureau for Labor Statistics, the demand for high school teachers is going to increase by 5% in the next 10 years. Statistically, high school teachers earn around $61,820 per year.
To become a high school teacher, you will need a bachelor’s degree. While for public school teachers, you will need a state issues official license or certificate.
5. Registered nurse
A registered nurse is a professional who provides and coordinates patient care. He or she also educates patients and the public about various health conditions.
Other duties of a registered nurse include the following;
- Assessing a patient’s condition
- Recording medical histories and symptoms of different patients
- Administering medications or treatments to patients
- Educating patients and their families on how to manage illnesses or injuries
- Performing diagnosis and analyzing results
- Consulting with doctors or other healthcare professionals for more clarity
According to the Bureau for Labor Statistics, the demand for registered nurses is said to increase by 6% in the next 10 years. They also stated that registered nurses earn around $77,600 per year.
To become a registered nurse, you will need a bachelor’s degree in nursing or an associate’s degree in nursing. Additionally, you will need a diploma from an approved nursing program.
What is the percentile for a 110 IQ?
A 110 IQ places you in the 75th percentile.
Which celebrities have an IQ of 110?
Some celebrities that have an IQ score of 110 include; Seth Rogen and Nicole Scherzinger.
Conclusion: Is a 110 IQ good?
A 110 IQ is a very good score. It shows that you possess an above higher critical thinking ability. This ability can be applied to various career paths and is sort after by employers.
Some of the best jobs for one with an intelligence quotient score of 110 include a job as a computer programmer or sociologist. Nevertheless, you must possess the right sets of skills for you to excel in any of these career paths.
I hope you enjoyed reading this article. If you did, you should also see accredited centers to take an IQ test in person.
Thanks for reading.