An intelligence quotient test was designed to measure an individual’s reasoning ability or problem-solving ability. The test is given a score, hence termed an IQ score.
An IQ score of 130 is generally considered moderately gifted. Having an IQ of 130 shows that you have exceptional verbal abilities. It also means that you are quick-witted and clever.
If you want to know the career path that suits people with this IQ score, then this article is for you.
Is an IQ of 130 gifted?
An intelligence quotient score of 130 is generally considered to be gifted or well-advanced. It is good enough to qualify you for a Mensa membership.
Mensa is a well-renowned non-profit organization whose aim is to identify gifted individuals. These individuals are grouped together to work or come up with ways to better human life as we know it.
An intelligence quotient score of 130 places you in the 96th percentile. This means that only 4% of the world’s population has an IQ score that is higher than yours.
Below are some of the main traits of people with an IQ score of 130.
- Clever and very inventive
- Exceptional verbal abilities
- Has good cognitive skills
- Able to understand and use clever words accurately
- Works well with numbers or other mathematical problems
- Have a very philosophical outlook on life
- Calmly solve problems
- Perceive the cause-and-effect link between two objects or occurrences
- See how elements operate from the large picture
- Conscious of mistakes and avoids doing them again
- Very intuitive, even about very little things
What job fits one with an IQ of 130?
With an intelligence quotient score of 130, you have many options when it comes to choosing a career path. However, you should note that your IQ isn’t enough to determine success in these career paths.
Here are some of the best jobs that match your IQ level and the skills you must possess in order to succeed.
1. Research analyst
A research analyst is a professional who collects, assimilates, and interprets data. This is done in order to identify changes or interpret trends, whether positive or negative.
A research analyst basically enhance efficiency, profitability, and savings for businesses or organizations across a wide range of sectors.
Other duties of a research analyst are;
- Using mathematics and logic to help organizations make informed decisions and solve problems
- Identify any problem that may occur
- Gathering input from workers or subject-matter experts
- Developing and testing quantitative models, support software, and analytical tools
- Analyze data and collate relevant data relevant to the problem being addressed
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the demand for research analysts will increase by 23% in the next 10 years. This is far much faster than the average for other jobs.
Additionally, the BLS also stated that the annual earnings for research analysts is said to be $82,360 per year.
For you to become a research analyst, you basically need a bachelor’s degree in operations research or other related fields. Some employers also require applicants to possess a master’s degree.
2. Chemists and materials scientists
Basically, a chemist and materials scientist is a professional that studies substances at the atomic and molecular levels. Then they analyze the ways in which the compounds interact with one another.
This is done in order to develop new and improved products or to test the quality of manufactured goods.
Other duties of chemists and material scientists include;
- Planning and carrying out complex research
- Preparing solutions, compounds, and reagents used in laboratory procedures or experiments
- Analyzing substances to identify the composition and concentration of elements
- Writing technical and detailed reports
- Presenting any research findings to scientists, engineers, and other colleagues
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the demand for chemists and material scientists will increase by 6% in the next 10 years. They also mentioned that chemists and material scientists earn $79,760 per year.
For you to become a chemist and material scientist, you will need at least a bachelor’s degree in chemistry or any related field.
A lawyer is a professional who advises and represents individuals, organizations, or government agencies. Usually, they advise the client on legal issues and disputes.
Other duties of a lawyer include;
- Interpret laws for individuals, organizations, or government agencies they represent
- Argue on behalf of clients
- Present facts, either in writing or verbally, to clients
- Prepare deeds, appeals, or another form of legal documentation
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the demand for lawyers will increase by 10% in the next 10 years. They also stated that lawyers earn around $127,990 per year.
For you to become a lawyer, you will need to have a law degree and pass a state’s written bar exam.
4. Advertising, Promotions, and Marketing Managers
Advertising, promotions, and marketing managers are professionals whose main duty is to help generate interest in products or services.
Other duties of advertising, promotions and marketing managers include;
- Liaising with department heads or staff to discuss topics. Mostly budgets and contracts, marketing plans, and the selection of advertising media
- Organizing various promotional campaigns, such as; contests, coupons, or giveaways
- Organizing advertising campaigns using various social media platforms
- Advise clients on marketing strategies
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the demand for advertising, promotions, and marketing managers will increase by 10%. Advertising, promotions, and marketing managers earn around $133,380 per year.
For you to become an advertising, promotions, and marketing manager, you will need a bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field.
Which celebrities have an IQ of 130?
Some notable celebrities that possess this IQ level are; George H.W. Bush, James Franco, Goldie Hawn, and Jordana Brewster.
What are the characteristics of one with a 130 IQ?
One with a 130 IQ has a good analytical skill, is intuitive, and pays attention to details.
Conclusion: Is an IQ of 130 good?
All being considered, an IQ of 130 is good. It is termed a well-endowed IQ level. It means that you possess skills or traits that an average individual doesn’t.
An IQ of 130 places you in the 96th percentile, which means that only 4% of the world’s population has a high IQ score. Along with the right set of skills, you should excel in just about any career path.
However, highlighted above in this article are some of the very best career paths you can choose from.
I hope you enjoyed reading this article, if you did, you should also see some practice that can help you increase your IQ.
Thanks for reading.