So you’ve got this great idea for an online education platform that needs to be built. Where should you start? You need one of the best learning management systems, and thousands of options exist. Which one is right for you?
With so many learning management systems available, it can be tough to decide which one is the right choice for your needs. After all, each platform offers different features and works in different ways.
This article will highlight some of the best learning management systems available today. Hopefully, when you’re done reading, you’ll be able to make an informed decision.
What Are The Best Learning Management Systems (LMS)?
- Knowledge Anywhere
- ProProfs LMS
- iSpring Learn
- Joomla LMS
- Absorb LMS
- Adobe Captivate Prime LMS
LearnUpon is one of the best Learning Management systems due to its ability to create and manage training materials in all languages, combined with affordable pricing.
This LMS covers everything from short-term on-demand courses that must be available immediately, to longer-term courses developed by training professionals, to interactive video.
LearnUpon offers a cloud-based Learning Management System that provides the value of an on-premise LMS with the flexibility and mobility of the cloud.
It also allows you to manage training, quizzes, and assignments from any device or location.
In addition, you can collaborate with your team from anywhere, create and deliver engaging eLearning across devices, and measure your employees’ progress.
Whether you are looking for an online learning tool for employees and customers, training and motivating staff, or running tutored courses, LearnUpon is a perfect solution.
- Robust e-commerce offering
- Live courses with multiple plugged-in vendors
- Ideal for employee onboarding
- Cool user interface
- Excellent customer support
- Module-based course creation requires more data input
- Lack of quizzing options
- Limited integration options, especially for eCommerce apps
Mindflash is more than just a learning platform. It’s an entire learning ecosystem that encompasses everything from LMS to reporting and analytics, performance dashboards, gamification, social collaboration, and much more.
Mindflash is a next-generation platform using the world’s most engaging technologies to increase organizational communication and get people working better together.
Also, it is based on the idea of visual knowledge sharing and delivers an unprecedented learning experience.
Mindflash’s Learning Management System (LMS) helps you deliver learning most efficiently and effectively.
This cloud-based solution works on any device and can be easily adapted to meet your existing infrastructure requirements.
- Easy course creation and deployment
- It also comes with in-app audio and video recording
- Live courses are also available
- Learner tracking progress capabilities
- It’s quite expensive
- No free trial period
- Lack also gamification option
Creating engaging eLearning is easy with Docebo. It’s no wonder the Docebo LMS is considered one of the best learning management systems. It’s easy to learn, even for designers and non-technical users.
Many training providers pick Docebo because it includes powerful features that businesses need: content authoring, SCORM compliance, performance tracking, reporting and analytics, social learning, and gamification.
It allows you to give and retake tests, set up discussion forums, and video chat with students and classmates. Plus, Docebo makes it simple to track and manage student progress throughout the course.
- It also comes with a full feature set
- Excellent array of third-party integrations
- Modern graphic design
- Easy file uploading and conversion
- Affordable price packages
- Optimized only for in-house training
- Requires serious customization or meddling to provide a good learning experience for users
Knowledge Anywhere is an LMS platform that lets you share and manage information no matter where it’s stored.
You can use it to keep track of your business data, documents, or anything else you need to store and access from anywhere in the world.
It has built-in tools for sharing content among team members, viewing reports on performance statistics, and more.
The platform integrates easily with the most popular email clients, so you can stay connected even when you’re away from your desk.
But this solution, Knowledge Anywhere, offers everything you need plus optional add-ons that are flexible and can be implemented quickly.
- It is easy to use
- Intuitive user interface
- It also supports social sharing
- Good customer support
- Administrative functions are very comprehensive
- Provide valuable data for reviews and incentives
- Too basic for an experienced content developer
- Some connectivity issues
SkyPrep is a cloud-based learning management system for you. In addition, it provides a free, easy-to-use LMS that looks great on any device and allows you to take the classroom from the walls to the cloud.
It is an engaging and secure tool that helps educational institutions provide an outstanding course experience to their students.
Furthermore, SkyPrep delivers personalized learning programs, assessments, and analytics that enable instructors to quickly and easily manage classroom content.
With SkyPrep, educators can create engaging and fun content, organize it into interactive learning modules, and manage their learning programs through the cloud.
Additionally, its intuitive grading tools help students focus on their most challenging areas for better results.
With these improvements in mind, instructors can deliver better grades and feedback faster than ever.
- Capability to scale any number of users
- It is easy to use
- Ability to adapt to the needs of your business
- Employee onboarding and compliance features
- Quite expensive
- Limited feature set
- Integrations could be expanded
6. Totara Learn
Totara Learn is a modern classroom management system that enables teachers to track students’ progress and organize whole-school assessment efforts.
This powerful LMS helps you create more engaging, meaningful, and effective learning experiences for your students.
It is an interactive e-learning technology offering many great features such as easy course creation, social collaboration, individual performance dashboards, and automated reports.
In addition to state-of-the-art authoring, assessment, and review tools, the highly configurable portal can be set up to distribute and deliver material using various delivery methods, including web, mobile, and SMS/email.
Totara combines online training with social learning tools so that you can make training effective, engaging, and fun.
The mobile-friendly system is available via cloud computing with no custom software installation.
- Customizable LMS solution
- It offers strong community support
- Blended learning tools
- You also have access to detailed compliance reports
- Support also multiple language options
- Implementation and integration require technical skills
- No advanced reporting or analytics
7. ProProfs LMS
ProProfs is one of the best learning management solutions for businesses and training organizations.
This is a stable LMS with effective admission control, automated tracking of learner results, an advanced notifications module, and many more features.
It may be used by people of all levels of expertise for pre-and post-training assistance. In addition, a quiz-making tool, surveys, collaborative capabilities, and advanced reporting are all part of its software suite for workplace training.
Whether you’re in K-12 or higher education, professional development or corporate training, online courses, or selective engagements, ProProfs has a solution for you.
- Track your progress
- You can also automate grading & certification
- Insightful reports and analytics
- Compatible with multiple platforms
- Add articles, docs, and media
- Works across different devices
- You can further add online tests and quizzes
- Completely web-based, with no mobile or desktop app
- Premium versions are quite expensive
Moodle is open-source course development and learning platform. Therefore, it is freely available and promoted by the non-profit Moodle Trust.
Moodle’s features are designed to work at scale, so it works well for large numbers of students and teachers.
Designed with simple interfaces, easy-to-use, and intuitive options, Moodle puts the power of learning in the hands of educators and learners by not standing in their way.
Moodle is platform-independent, therefore you can use it on any computer with an Internet connection.
The LMS has attracted millions of users in schools and universities from 94 different countries. It can also be used as a free online tool or downloaded at no cost to set up on your server.
- It’s completely free
- Browser compatibility
- Highly customizable
- Real-time messaging and wiki forums
- Generous progress tracking and reporting options
- Unparalleled language support is also available
- Setup is by no means turnkey
- Little security
SAP Litmos Training LMS is simple and easy to set up. This is one of the best learning management systems incorporating artificial intelligence and quick automation.
It’s further integrated with a rich course library – SAP Litmos Training Content – to accelerate training deployment.
With a flexible admin page and a user-friendly design, the SAP Litmos Training LMS is an excellent choice.
Some other features like eLearning authoring capabilities, built-in collaboration capabilities, advanced reporting, etc make it a great product.
Whether a training instructor or an HR executive, this Learning Management System has the key capabilities you would need in one simple but powerful package.
Overall, it is a fully customizable, reliable, and cost-effective educational solution allowing you to implement your training programs successfully.
- Easy to use
- Also perfect for great onboarding courses
- Off-the-shelf content with Litmos Heroes subscription
- Different options for integrations and add-ons
- Limited customization capabilities
- A little bit tricky for first-time users
- There is no direct payment processing
10. iSpring Learn
If you have not come across it yet, iSpring Learn is one such innovative LMS. ISpring Learn stands out from other LMS software mainly due to its gradual learning curve.
It follows the 80-20 Pareto Rule, according to which the busiest 20% of students need only 20 % of a teacher’s attention, while the rest are self-learners who can figure things out themselves.
You’ll enjoy powerful features like iSpring Quiz, iSpring 360-degree Surveys, Assessments, Certificates, Checklists, Live Chat, and Events.
This Learning Management system supports all learning methods: self-paced, instructor-led, and collaborative learning.
The LMS empowers you and your team to create online training, enabling learning with rich experience in a flexible environment.
- Great gamification features
- SSL security
- It also offers offline access
- Mobile apps for iOS and Android
- Integration with iSpring authoring tools
- Direct messaging feature
- Customizable user roles
- No option to upload directly from PowerPoint
- Limited integration possibilities
- Missing true discussion boards for social learning
The Adobe Captivate Prime LMS is a powerful offering for those who want to update their skills, change careers or find a new job that involves teaching or public speaking. Its easy-to-use interface works with your schedule, from anywhere you have internet access.
Furthermore, it’s a complete eLearning solution that’s affordable, powerful, and intuitive. With all the features you need to publish and track results, this is the perfect choice for collaborating across teams.
Captivate Prime also lets you design better e-learning courses, faster, by giving you the tools to connect your lessons with real-world scenarios.
Thousands of people are already using the LMS to create engaging e-learning experiences that engage students, improve scores, increase employee productivity and also make training stick.
- Flexible reporting system
- Supports data migration from another LMS
- It also supports a range of default integrations
- You can further create multilingual eLearning with ease
- Great social learning capabilities
- It also offers an excellent gamification option
- No clear onboarding instructions
- It also lacks a direct messaging tool
TalentLMS is one of the best learning management systems for small and mid-size businesses, schools, and non-profits. This LMS provides a full suite of essential features including lesson authoring, assessment, tracking, and reporting services.
It has an intuitive interface so training feels right from the very first click. And with easy access on any device, learners jump in anytime, anywhere.
With TalentLMS, you can also skip the months-long setup times that cause your training programs to just fizzle out. Create new courses with a few simple clicks, add users, and go live by the end of the day.
In addition, it is built on the LMS & e-Learning platform that offers dashboards, real-time reporting, apps for mobile and social learning, performance management, and applicant tracking for Human Resources.
- Exemplary reporting and compliance tracking
- Attractive and functional organizational chart
- Generous language localizations are also available
- Not ideal for smaller companies
- Also has limited mobile support
Blackboard is one of the most comprehensive learning management systems available on the market. From Blackboard, you can further create an online presence for your institution and make any classroom virtually accessible online.
Furthermore, as one of the most used learning platforms in higher education, Blackboard delivers experiences that enrich teaching and learning across all areas of campus life.
Blackboard’s Learning Suite also combines the best-in-class technology to help you implement an integrated, digital approach designed to enhance student engagement and transform higher education.
From course delivery and collaboration to data analytics and LMS hosting, Blackboard provides everything you need to inspire your students, engage your institution and achieve results. It’s also simple to use and comes with tons of helpful resources.
- Large ecosystem of educational tools and services
- It also partners with many academic publishers
- Improves legacy courses with responsive design
- Offers large-scale video-conferencing
- Ultra experience requires cloud-based SaaS configuration
- Ultra courses also lack some features available in legacy courses
eFront offers the most complete, stable, and affordable LMS, K-12, and higher education software platform in the market today. It is a simple to use, yet powerful LMS that puts you in control of your online learning environment.
Whether you are looking for an easy-to-use LMS, or one that works on multiple devices and can be customized, eFront is the right choice.
In short, with dozens of online tools that connect teachers and students with parents and community members, this is one of the best learning management systems available today.
- Choose between on-premise or private cloud hosting
- Can also add plugins to boost your capabilities
- Whitelabel eFront and make it entirely yours
- Offer also a variety of security filters and administrative tools
- APIs and plenty of native integrations are available
- Implementation and maintenance require some technical skills
15. Joomla LMS
Not only does Joomla LMS offer the features you are looking for, but it can also be easily activated and integrated with other applications.
Joomla LMS is an award-winning open-source Learning Management System (LMS). Also, it is currently in use by thousands of educational establishments including universities, colleges, schools, and training providers worldwide.
With Joomla LMS, you can create and publish your own online lessons and exams. You can also manage a virtual campus with announcements, grades, user profiles, messaging, and much more.
The open-source software also allows you to modify content, upload your own files, and set usernames and passwords. You can further create multiple packages of courses based on student needs and allow students to review their progress.
- SCORM and AICC compatibility
- Live/Video conferencing is available
- It has an Android and iOS mobile app
- Comprehensive tracking and reporting
- Advanced eCommerce capabilities
- Only very few themes and extensions are available
16. Absorb LMS
Absorb LMS is one of the highest-rated and most flexible learning management system software available. It is simple and affordable, providing everything you need to deliver and track e-learning – anytime, anywhere.
It is also packed with standout features like unlimited accounts and courses, mobile learning, integration, and instructional design tools. Absorb is a reliable learning management system that truly fits your organization, whether your training programs are online or in-person.
With its extensive features, the LMS is a great choice for companies that want to establish an extensive set of learning programs and deliver them to employees in a cost-effective way.
Those who want to create an effective e-learning program by themselves can easily do so with these strong features and affordable prices.
- Intuitive user interface
- Dedicated plans for internal and external training
- It has a mobile app for Android and iOS
- You can add billboards, surveys, polls, and contests
- Plans are only suitable for midsize and large offices
Schoology is the most popular learning management system (LMS) for K-12 and higher education. When you choose Schoology, you’re choosing an LMS built for the future of education with a beautiful, intuitive interface.
It offers great tools, course templates, and courses that are aligned with national standards, including Common Core. And support more than 40 million students with its full suite of K-12 technology solutions – giving you a better shot at improving learning outcomes.
Overall, Schoology is a cloud-based learning platform that makes your job as an educator or a school administrator easier. And it connects people, data, and technology to create a more enjoyable learning experience for students and teachers.
- It is available for free for individuals
- Excellent, full-featured course assembler
- Rubrics and standards alignment
- Provides web-based grading and annotations
- It offers extensive interoperability
- Premium features come with a fee
Another one of the best learning management systems (LMS) on this list is Canvas. It’s been used by some of the biggest schools on the planet to help millions of students learn better and to transform how teachers teach.
Canvas is a simple, yet powerful tool for making and sharing knowledge with your students. With a five-minute setup, you can quickly customize your course to reflect your unique teaching philosophy.
Additionally, Canvas scales to fit your LMS needs. It has all the course design tools you need to make your class run smoothly: schedule events, send announcements, and grade assignments all from one place.
You can also automate grading, notifications and create custom grading scripts or leverage an existing Excel add-in.
- Easy to use
- Platforms for sharing class modules
- It offers seamless third-party integrations
- Also provides open API
- Advanced course-assembly tools
- Pricing is not as transparent
What is Learning Management System (LMS)?
Learning Management System (LMS) refers to a platform that provides software applications for the delivery of education and training. LMS comes with numerous features and can be used in any industry.
It is like an online education program that facilitates effective tools, which are critical success factors involved in the end-to-end learning process. You’ll also get everything you need to customize and deliver a learning solution that is easy to use and limitless in its possibilities.
What Are The Benefits of LMS platforms?
Below are some of the key benefits of using LMS platforms:
- Reduce the time spent on training
- Make it easier to track results
- Allow you to use the same training material and exam for all your team members
- Allow access to courses from anywhere
- Standardize the content creation process
- Useful for group learning, evaluations, personal development, and self-reviews
- LMS help training management with costs
- A real-time collaboration platform is available
- They help you deliver relevant content to your employees
Best Learning Management Systems (LMS): FAQs
Which is the best free Learning Management System?
Moodle is the best free LMS (Learning Management System). It allows you to create courses that help people learn, collaborate and connect.
Moodle can be used by any individual or organization regardless of size or geographical location.
Who can use learning management systems?
You can use learning management systems to teach others in your company or organization.
Most learning management systems have features that allow you to create and share learning content, such as videos, documents, presentations, and assessments.
Learning management systems are also commonly used by trainers who conduct training outside the corporate environment—for professional associations, government agencies, and other organizations such as universities.
Best Learning Management Systems (LMS): Conclusion
Overall, the best learning management system is LearnUpon LMS. LearnUpon is the most versatile, customizable, powerful, and most importantly easy-to-use LMS on the market.
It is a complete learning management system that can be used for eLearning course development, corporate training management, and online education.
With 9M+ users worldwide, LearnUpon LMS helps organizations to build custom courses, keep learners engaged and improve employee performance.
On the other hand, if you’re out for a reliable free LMS solution, Moodle is the perfect pick for you.
Finally, for more information on what LMS are and their importance, check out this article on an overview of learning management systems (LMS).
I hope you found this article helpful. Thanks for reading.
Ready To Try LearnUpon LMS?
By clicking on the button below, you can get started easily and quickly.