Intelligence quotient scores have always been a topic of debate among people. One common IQ score on the front line of debates lately has been about an IQ of 138.
Many argue if this IQ score is good or bad, others argue if it is low or high. Some even question if such an IQ score is good enough for a Mensa membership.
This article talks about an IQ of 138, the qualities people with this IQ possess, and the nature of the job that matches the cognitive skills of people with an IQ level of 138.
138 IQ: Meaning & Percentile
Having an IQ score of 138 means that you have a very superior intelligence level. It is in the 99.4th percentile, and this implies that you have an intelligence level that is higher than 99.4% of the world’s population.
With a 138 IQ score, you are eligible for a Mensa membership. Generally, people with an IQ of 138 share the following characteristics or traits;
- They are intuitive
- They see things from various perspectives in ways that average people don’t
- They have great verbal and linguistic comprehension
- They have strong logical reasoning abilities
- They are capable of grasping complex concepts quickly
- They are typically self-sufficient
- They have good problem-solving abilities
Jobs for people with an IQ of 138
In this section, I will be listing out some jobs that best suites the cognitive abilities of one with an IQ of 138.
1. Real estate brokers and sales agents
Generally, real estate brokers and agents are individuals who help clients buy, sell, and rent properties.
Real estate brokers and sales agents do the following;
- Mediate the negotiation between the buying and selling parties
- Ensures all terms and conditions of the purchase contracts are met
- Generate a list of properties up for sale, including their prizes, features, and the location
- Promoting properties put on sale, using advertisement, open houses, and listing services to do so
- Determining a competitive purchase prize for a property by comparing it to the price of others
- Prepare documents for a purchase (loyalty contracts, deeds, or purchase agreement)
The job outlook for real estate brokers and agents is expected to show a 5% incline in the next 10 years. The Bureau for Labor Statistics predicts about 54,800 openings to be made each year.
Real estate brokers and sales agents earn around $48,770 per year, according to the BLS. If you wish to become one, you will need to complete a number of real estate courses and pass an official licensing exam.
2. Mathematicians and statisticians
Basically, a mathematician and statistician is a professional who analyzes data and applies computational techniques in order to solve problems.
Mathematicians and statisticians do the following;
- Draw a specific solution or answer to a particular problem after analyzing various data
- Collate data using various mediums, such as surveys, experiments, or opinion polls
- Analyze data using various mathematical models
- Communicate or interpret data to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Solve various problems using mathematical techniques for businesses, engineering, the sciences, and other fields
The Bureau for Labor Statistics states that the demand for mathematicians and statisticians will increase by 31%. With around 4,100 openings made yearly. Additionally, mathematicians and statisticians earn around $96,280 per year.
You will be required to have at least a master’s degree in mathematics or statistics. Nevertheless, there are still openings for applicants with only a bachelor’s degree.
3. Agricultural and food scientists
Agricultural and food scientists, also known as botanists, are professionals who research ways to help improve the efficiency and safety of agricultural establishments and their products.
Typically, agricultural and food scientists do the following;
- Perform research or experiment to help boost the productivity quality of field crops and farm animals
- Perform research to boost the sustainability of field crops and farm animals
- Develop better ways to help process, package, and deliver food products
- Research ways to improve plant growth
- Oversee implementation of new agricultural projects
- Communicate research findings to the public, specifically food producers
Agricultural and food scientists earn around $74,160 per year. The job outlook for agricultural and food scientists will incline by 8% in the next 10 years. The BLS stated that 4,100 openings would be made available each year.
You will need at least a bachelor’s degree from an accredited post-secondary institution for you to become an agricultural and food scientist. However, some employers accept a doctor of veterinary medicine (DVM) degree.
4. Computer network architects
A computer network architect is someone who designs and builds data communication networks. This includes local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), and Intranets.
The duties of computer network architects include;
- Designing and creating the layout for data communication networks
- Determine the best support an organization would need by researching or staying up to date on new networking technologies
- Enlightening the organization on networking management plan and why they should pursue them
- Upgrade routers or adaptors and software needed to support computer networks
According to the Bureau for Labor Statistics, the demand for computer network architects will increase by 4% in the next 10 years. They also predict that 11,800 openings will be made available each year.
The BLS further stated that computer network architects earn around $120,520 per year. If you want to become one, you will need at least a bachelor’s degree in any computer-related field.
Which celebrities have an IQ of 138?
Some notable celebrities with an IQ of 138 include Emma Charlotte Duerre Watson, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Christopher Ashton Kutcher.
What percentile is an IQ of 138?
The percentile for an IQ of 138 is said to be 99.4350805958%.
How rare is an IQ of 138?
According to IQ And Comparison, only 1 in 177 people possess an IQ of 138.
Conclusion: Is an IQ of 138 gifted?
According to the standard IQ classification system, an IQ of 138 is a great one. It means that you possess cognitive skills and high intelligence.
An IQ of 138 is said to be in the 99.4th percentile, which means only 0.06% of the population of the world has higher IQ scores. So, yes, it is a gifted IQ score.
There are many job positions that suit this IQ, but the best are those that match your cognitive. However, you should keep in mind that your IQ score is not a guarantee for success in these job positions but it can increase your chances.
I hope you enjoyed reading this article, if you did, you should also see accredited centers to take an IQ test in person.
Thanks for reading.